Description:
This recipe is from Romania. I love it as much as the traditional bread stuffing. To please everyone I stuff one end of the turkey with the bread stuffing and the other end with this one.
Ingredients:
1/2 cup Basmati rice
1 lb sausage
1 chopped onion
3 stalks chopped celery
sage
poultry seasoning
salt and pepper
one large carrot grated
a little over 1/2 cup of slivered almonds
one raw egg
Directions:
Cook the rice as per instructions. Fry up sausage and drain really really good. Add onions, celery and spices. Remove from heat and add the grated carrot, almonds, rice and raw egg, in that order.
then stuff it babe....
This one makes my mouth water... I'm starved, and thinking of real food, not just the snack stuff I have within arm's reach...
ReplyDeleteI'm gonna have to make this one and eat until *I* am stuffed.
*sigh*
Rice instead of bread? Thank goodness you stuff one end with bread stuffin!
ReplyDeleteyou have to try it Basmati rice is so flavourful
ReplyDeleteI am not much on rice, but would give it a shot. Hmmmm rice shoved up a turkey's butt....
ReplyDelete