Sunday, October 26, 2008

Back from Vegas


What can I say?   The
weather was perfect, sunny and not too hot.  The drinks were plentiful and I didn't lose any money.  I didn't win any money but breaking even is just fine in my book.  The first night we didn't get into our room till past midnight.  We quickly washed up a bit and hit the casino.   The drinks were coming fast and furious and I was doing my best to keep the cocktail waitress happy....  Around 4:30am I just had to crash.  (this is about 8 hours past my usual bedtime)

The next morning we were up by 7:30am and were in need of some food to soak up the alcohol residue.  We had free buffet coupons so we loaded up on greasy eggs and bacon.  Actually it was a  very good buffet.  We played a bit more slots then I tried to go shopping at the outlet mall.   I was just too tired to look.  The prices were unbelievable,  45-75% off.   You can tell the economy is hurting bad.  So we headed back to the hotel and changed for the pool.
Of course one can't sit by a pool without some refreshing beverages......

So pretty much we followed the same sort of itinerary most of the time.   We never stayed up as late as the first night though.   I am still so tired I could sleep for days.   My favourite sign is Vegas is "Stay and play you can sleep when you get home"   Except I can't sleep cause I have a zillion loads of laundry and tons of crap to catch up on.

The kids enjoyed their time with their Aunt and the house ran smoothly.   I wish I had booked us away longer. At least the weather is sunny here even though its about 20 degrees colder.


5 comments:

  1. So glad you had a good time...Your days sounded like ours..pool and the strip! That pool looks so dang good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a Wonderful vacation! Too tired to shop???? OMG! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know and now I am bemoaning the fact I didn't take advantage of the deals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh it was and the best part is we had it all to ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish i could spend a week in a pool like that. especially since your pool was stocked with a bar.

    ReplyDelete