Thursday, February 5, 2009

Thursday Thirteen

I had high hopes for this blog yesterday.  Thoughts were coming fast and furious.  But alas this morning my mind has gone blank.  Well here goes with the random crap once again.

1.Spending money you don't have,  don't do it...It amazes me that people are crying I can't afford this I don't have the money to make my payments..WELL  why did you get yourself into that mess?  No one told you to buy a house you can't afford.  No one said you needed top of the line furnishing.  NO one said a brand new car every year was needed.

2.Vacation time oh yeah...We are going to Vegas in March and I am hoping for a heat wave while we are there.

3. Related to #2 we are leaving oldest son home alone...I have mixed feelings about this.  I know he is a great kid and doesn't get into trouble but am still a little worried.

4.Last night on the news they said one in three Canadians are on Facebook.  The website has been around for 5 years now.  Wouldn't you just love to be the developer of that site.

5.Bright idea I got.  Since the government knows everything about us, everything is computerized why don't they figure out our taxes for us and just send us the check?

6. The last few days we have been sunny and warm.  There still are these massive grey piles of frozen snow and ice mixed with gravel and sand.  I wonder if this is what icebergs look like?

7.In anticipation of my coming trip and that I will be donning more revealing clothing I have started to do more exercise.  It is so hard to get back into the routine of that.

8.Said oldest son from previous entry failed his drivers road test for the third time last Friday...grrrrr

9.I'm still chauffeuring three kids to work, school, kids club, after school activities and added into the mix hairballs' mom to the hospital back and forth to visit hairballs' dad.  I am pretty up on whats playing on the radio stations these days.

10.Rented a dvd last week for Nevada 'Little House on the Prairie' the disney movie.  Well in the box they only had part one.  So we go back the next day and tell them that the second disc was missing.  They say that its in separate box and separate charge for that too.grrrrr

11.Bought some 'Nair' and found it didn't stink as bad as I remember and worked very quickly as well.

12.This year I have known two guys in there 40's that have committed suicide.  I wonder how life could be that bad.  Both had relationship problems prior to taking their lives.

13. Well I did it again.  Do your worst Kerry...lol  Hope everyone has a great weekend and the winter ends soon.

6 comments:

  1. Hey...Im not sure if I trust the government enough to meddle in my taxes. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. they take everything they can everywhich way they can...

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK I meant to comment on all of this earlier today and then I got tied up with other stuff.....I know exactly what you mean about #1 - but I think a lot of people measure their personal value by how much stuff they have and how nice it is.
    #4 I find that amazing but also very cool cause I like Canadians
    #8 I do wonder if you could hire some other kid to take the test and pass it for him.....and he'll be just fine by himself - didn't he behave when you were in the Bahamas without him?
    #9 makes me tired reading about it
    #11 - I noticed that when I bought the showeroff Nair a while back
    #12 - yeah, I always wonder about that - but I think that mental illness and the despair that can come with it is just unimaginable to the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The latest one was Harry's cousin and he was younger then both of us. We used to hang around with him back in the early 80's. But haven't seen or heard from him in at least 10 years. His parents are feeling really bad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. Not sure who this is directed at, couldn't be me. I'll study something I want, need, and can afford for weeks before I will finally purchase it. I is a cheap bastard. We live within our means and it is very sad that so many of the people that have gotten in over their heads were not aware that they were dealing with variable interest rates and balloon payments, not to mention that many bought with no money down as well.
    2. Just got back from another 4-day weekend getaway, that's why I couldn't trash your blog sooner. We went to Nashville this weekend, went to the Bluebird Cafe and saw Cathy Maddigan at Zanie's Comedy Club, there was also some sort of Santa convention going on but wouldn't have recognized George if we had seen. Those Santas' all look alike, they might be cousins or something. We're doing Disney in March.
    3. Take the car keys with you and drink all the liquor before you leave, go to the drug store and buy him a box of condoms, that'll keep him honest.
    4. Ain't progress wonderful, and you're the only Canadian that knows how to use Facebook.
    5. Oh, but they have, they just want you to do it again so they can check for honesty and integrity. DUMBASSES
    6. Wouldn't know, never seen an iceberg. Mail me one sometime.
    7. TMI
    8. Buy him a bike Does the word BRIBERY mean anything to you?
    9. Buy them all bikes and get Mom in-law a bus pass. If that doesn't work, there's alway Pete & Gladys.
    10. Are ya'll still waiting on the release of Escape To Witch Mountain?
    11. See #7
    12. This year I have known two guys in there 40's that have committed suicide. (Anyone see a pattern developing here? They were probably the other two of three Canadians on Facebook with Carol)
    13. I was mean and it was fun, see you again same time next week. LOL

    ReplyDelete