Thursday, November 13, 2008

Thursday Thirteen

Well you know the drill just an assortment of happenings and ponderings....

1.  It is unbelievably windy out right now.  The front door is shaking like there is someone banging on it.  November is our traditional month for storms.  Strange part is it is really warm out,  yesterday we tied the record for warmth at 14 C.  Just hoping we don't lose our power.

2.Today is 'World Kindness Day'   so for my part I am going to say you all look just great...

3.Said oldest son goes today for his road test.  Lets all cross everything we can that he passes.  PLEASE  PLEASE PLEASE PASS HIM

4.I still haven't done any sewing on the quilt.  I think I like to work under pressure.  At least I moved the sewing machine back on to the table.

5.Been looking for flights to Thailand in the new year and am pleasantly surprised how reasonable they are.

6.The windshield wipers quit working on the van last week then poof they started working again.  Not sure what to do,  definitely don't want that to happen again but don't want to pay for something that is working.

7.Been looking at Em's pictures and am getting inspired to change my vacation itinerary's to include more the hot white sandy beaches.

8.Nevada came home yesterday with the only perfect score in her class on her math test.  YOU GO GIRL.   two thumbs up for Nevy.

9.Harry's sciatic nerve is bothering him again.  He has been hobbling around the house groaning in pain.  I kind of want to shove a sock in his mouth so I don't have to listen.  I guess that doesn't go well with number 2.

10.My mom's husband failed his memory test at the doctor.  Now they might take his license.  I know that will be a big blow for him.  I know it isn't' safe for some elderly people to be driving but it must just feel awful for them to lose their Independence.

11.Survivor is on tonite.  I really like how this season is going.  Lots of twists and turns and everyone is voting the way I would like them to.

12.This past weekend Nevada and I went to a Christmas craft fair.  One lady for some reason was selling her old cookbooks and I managed to pick up 3 very old in awesome shape cookbooks.  I like them just to read. Best part is I only paid $7  for all three.  Anyone need a recipe for Babka's?

13.  Well here we are again at the end.  I hope I haven't wasted too much of your valuable time.  Remember be kind keep that in mind..

13.

8 comments:

  1. Tell you what, how about I shove a sock in his mouth and then you can keep the #2 spirit alive. Will a chiropractor help him perhaps? Cold and rainy here and I'm off to the dentist in a bit. Great find with the cookbooks....I don't even know what Babkas are.
    Hope Harrison passes his test (why wouldn't he, he's brilliant) - congrats to Nevy - you should have plenty of white sand beaches in Thailand (at least I think you would)...They HAVE put a tsunami warning system in place, haven't they? I would love to join you, but will let you test drive the area first.
    Don't worry about the wipers - just be glad they decided to work. If they do stop again, just perch one of the kids on the roof with a squeegie.
    Speaking of joining you - I might have to miss Easter and come visit in May...but I wouldn't expect you to keep the ham around for that long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly got a lot going on there. I myself am not happy with the voting off on Survivor. There are
    a few that should have been gone already. But, that is what makes it fun. Ughing at the TV. Heheheee.
    I am sure Harrison will have no problem passing. If it ain't to late, remind him to look over his shoulder and use his blinker when merging back into traffic. They will either fail you for that or deduct points. Way to go Nevada on the math score. That is great. I am sorry the Hubby isn't feeling well. But, I also understand what you mean by putting a sock in his mouth. Men, geesh. Heheheee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suppose if i did a thursday 13 like this, i might be ablt to think 13 random thoughts. i may try it one day. hold on to those old cookbooks, especially if they are in good shape. they could have a higher value. ya never know. Arent Ems pictures fun to look at. i want to be in Pompeii.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :'''''''( He didn't pass.. He needs to work on his intersections as the tester said he was too hesitant. Grrr he passed 4 of the 6 things... He can't take the test for at least two weeks and his learners permit expires before that so will have to pay for the renewal on that also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry, Carol - I'm trying to figure out what is wrong with being a bit hesitant at intersections.....but who knows - you can't argue with those folks. Better luck next time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey...you look great too! :) Sorry to hear he did not pass his test. But, I failed mine the first time out too. :)
    Congrats on the math test! YAY!!I LOVE cookbooks..all kinds..but I just dont have the room for them..YET. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. next time tell him to burn rubber through the intersections. maybe that would make them happy. I think the people from the dmv are all basket cases with issues

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thialand! How exotic!

    OMG, EM went to Pompeii? I am heading right over, that is my dream destination!

    ReplyDelete